Eight people die in Kakamega accident
| Jan 2nd 2022 | 1 min read
Eight people have today morning died at Musembe along Webuye-Eldoret way when a 14-seater matatu hit a stationary lorry.
Confirming the incident Kakamega Police Boss Hassan Barua said the accident occurred at 5:15am and eight people, including the matatu driver, died on the spot.
“The matatu, a part of the 2NK Sacco, was heading to Nairobi from Bungoma when it hit the lorry from behind at Musembe. Our officers rushed the injured passengers to Webuye Sub-county Hospital,” said Barua.
He could not confirm whether the accident occurred due to poor visibility or speeding of the matatu saying investigations are ongoing.
Police spent hours on the spot to clear the scene and control the traffic that was building up.
Once famous Hippo Point struggles to stay vibrantLack of social amenities turns visitors away from Hippo Point which could otherwise be a good open-air place for people to make merry.
Fire guts South African parliament buildingThe roof area of the South African National Assembly building is on fire
Haroo Assimio... Karua meets Tiktoker mimicking her in viral video
By Betty Njeru
- Media coverage: Raila had 61 per cent compared to Ruto's 38 per cent
- Man returns from short call to find Sh5m gone
- Kakamega governor race: Court declines to lift orders barring gazettement of Malala
- Former CJ should hold his peace if he doesn't plan to vote
- Ruto, Raila to battle for 6.6m votes in 15 swing counties