Students applying for helb loan must be placed by KUCCPS in either local or private universities or,
Be self-sponsored, parallel and Module 11 students studying for a bachelor’s degree only.
The Higher Education Loan Board on Monday, July 20, announced the official opening of first-time 2020/2021 loan application for undergraduate students.
The helb loans are meant to help students joining public or private universities in the East African community or through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
To apply for the helb loans, students must;
· Be placed by KUCCPS in either local or private universities or,
· Be self-sponsored, parallel and Module 11 students studying for a bachelor’s degree only.
How to apply for the 2020/2021 helb loan
To apply for the helb loan, follow these steps;
1. Visit www.helb.co.ke and register for an account
2. After you’ve logged in, select and fill in the required loan application form
3. Print two copies of the filled forms
4. Have the forms signed and stamped by the relevant authority
5. Read and understand the terms and conditions before you sign and attach the necessary documents
6. Present one of the signed copies to helb for processing
7. Retain a copy of the application form.
Mandatory requirements when applying for helb loan
Before you apply for the helb loan, make sure you have the following documents;
- A copy of the Applicant’s national ID Card
- Copies of the parents national ID Cards/death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ national ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card (for Government sponsored students only)
- A copy of the applicant’s Smart Card from the institution
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website