ODM leader Raila Odinga has urged Kenyans to be vigilant in
combating Coronavirus saying it is real and a threat to humanity.
Through a video posted on his social media pages, Odinga
said it is important for Kenyans to protect themselves and he felt obligated to
address the nation.
Odinga gave the following instructions:
- Wash your hands with water and soap or use sanitisers
- Stay away from funerals except those of immediate family
- Stay away from crowds
- Stop shaking hands
- Keep social distance
- Obey the government directives
- Stay at home
Kenya’s coronavirus cases have increased to 25 after nine
more people tested Covid-19 positive.
Speaking during his routine daily press briefing at
Afya House, Nairobi, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe revealed that the new cases were
spread out across four counties namely: Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale.
- 1 Raila leads in BBI charge as names hit 4m
- 2 Raila drums up support for law reforms in Central Kenya
- 3 DP William Ruto at a crossroads
- 4 Uhuru, Raila are not tricking us — Nyong’o tells Kenyans as he drums up support for BBI
He said among the new cases, seven were Kenyans while the
other two were foreigners.
Kagwe also said that 15 people are currently at Mbagathi
Isolation Unit awaiting their test results.
He admitted that there are quarantine challenges in
designated hotels and government facilities, but said the process will soon be