+ Post your Story

For Enquiries Chat with us on Whatsapp on 0712 538 802

News
Man hospitalised after a mobile phone explodes in his bed
By Saul Owiti | Updated Aug 19, 2018 at 13:21 EAT
man-hospitalised-after-a-mobile-phone-explodes-in-his-bed
[Courtesy]
SUMMARY

A Kibera man is nursing serious burns at KNH after a mobile phone plugged into a charger exploded in his bed as he slept

Kibera man is nursing serious burns at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) after a mobile phone plugged into a charger exploded in his bed as he slept.

Jackson Mwaniki who lives alone, was found unconscious and badly burnt in his house by a neighbour, who rushed to his house after seeing smoke emanating from the house.


[Courtesy]


Speaking to The Nairobian on phone, Mwaniki’s mother Mary Kabuu, said it was by sheer luck that the neighbour saw smoke billowing from the house and went to find out what was happening, otherwise it could have been tragic.

Mwaniki’s mobile phone allegedly exploded while he was asleep, sparking a fire in the house.




Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?

Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website


This is a citizen journalism website. The views expressed here do not represent that of the Standard Group Ltd. Read the terms and conditions
COMMENTS
Latest Stories
Popular Stories
Featured Sections
Related Stories
More From This Author
Top Contibutors