Close dirty eateries in Nairobi West
By David Kipkorir
| February 15th 2017
The Nairobi County Health Department should shut down all eateries that do not meet food safety and hygiene standards in Nairobi West.
Several dirty eateries sandwiched between bars should be shut immediately to stop disease outbreak in the estate.
Apart from being very filthy, rodent-infested and operating without valid permits, I suspect the food handlers haven’t undergone any vaccination and have no idea about personal hygiene.
But in Nairobi West, a dirty food stall or restaurant operating without toilets is not a deterrent to customers.
It does not help that residents have a “forgiving” and tolerant nature towards dirty food handlers. After shutting, those operating these eateries should be fined heavily.
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja