Parliament rejects request to scrap lending rate caps
The Finance and National Planning Committee had instead recommended that the law placing caps be rewritten to give it more clarity.
By Fredrick Obura | 2 years ago
Members of Parliament discuss court-ordered changes to rate cap law
In March this year, the High Court ruled that the section of the law capping rates was unconstitutional and gave parliament a year to amend it.
Reuters | 2 years ago
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat