×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Kenya's Bold Newspaper
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download Now

Manchester United join Arsenal and Barcelona in race to sign next Gareth Bale

Vocalize Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Vocalize

Nottingham midfielder Oliver Burke [PHOTO: COURTESY]

Manchester United are keen on signing Nottingham Forest's 19-year-old midfielder Oliver Burke. Manchester united Manager Jose Mourinho sees Burke as a player who could benefit the Red Devils in the future and is ready to loan him back to the City Ground should a deal be completed, said The Sun on Sunday.

Burke plays predominantly as a right-winger for Forest. He has two international caps for the Scotland national team and has been compared to Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale. The Sun says West Brom had a £6m ($8m) bid rejected by Forest for Burke earlier this summer, while German giants Bayern Munich have spoken to the Championship club about a possible £10m deal. Arsenal and Barcelona are also interested in the player, with the latter sending scouts to watch his performances.

Premium Article

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.

Fact-first reporting that puts you at the heart of the newsroom. Subscribe for full access.
Continue Reading  →
What you get
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimised reading
  • Weekly newsletters & digests
Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payments Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902
Sports
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
Sports
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
Sports
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
Sports
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated