Golf: Snow on course for fourth Safari title at Sigona Club
Muthaiga Golf club's Greg Snow carded an impressive score of 4 under par, 68 in round three, to remain on course for a fourth Safari tour title, at the Sigona Golf club, with a score of 6-under par, 210 going into the final round of play.
Greg's round score was even more impressive considering the fact that he hit a triple bogey at the par 5, fourth. Up until this point, he had hit two birdies at the first and third and a bogey at the second, a further two birdies and a bogey in the next five holes saw him turn with a 1 over par 37 score.
A dropped shot at the par 5, tenth was the only blemish in a stellar back nine run that included four birdies and an eagle three on the par 5, 15th, earning him that 6 under par score.
Snow said he expects a good show in the final round. “It was a weird round for me. I played well in some holes making eight along the way after I lost a ball on a par five.
“I had a good turn around through the back nine from where I shot 5 under. I knew I had to get it back to level. I am pleased with the way I bounced back. For the final round, all I need to do was to stick to my game plan and execute it, he said.
Snow now holds a four stroke advantage over second placed Robson Chinhoi of Zimbabwe, who is on a gross score of 2 under par, 214 after returning a score of 1 under par 71 for the round. Chinhoi hit birdies at the third, fourth and 17 while dropping shots at the first and 14.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club's Erick Ooko moved into third place after returning a 2 under par score for the round which took him to within one stroke of Robson on 1 under par, 215. Thika Golf Club's Simon Ngige is in fourth on 2 over par, 218, two strokes ahead of the trio of CJ Wangai, Sujan Shah and Dismas Indiza who are on 4-over par, 220.
Attention now shifts to the last round of action.
- Real's Eden Hazard at risk for City clash after latest injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Messi scores four as Barcelona rout EibarFootball 2 days ago
- Ronaldo marks 1,000th game with record-equalling goalFootball 2 days ago
- Salazar link hit me financially and emotionally, says FarahAthletics 2 days ago
- Pilot in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash faulted for violating flight rules in 2015 caseBasketball 2 days ago
- Tuchel surprised by PSG players partying after Borussia defeatFootball 2 days ago
- Jesus strikes as Man City shrug off spot-kick jitters to beat LeicesterPremier League 2 days ago