KFS volleyball team returns to national league
The Kenya Forest Service has revived its volleyball team with a promise to reclaim former glory.
KFS Volleyball Team has been part of the National Volleyball League before where they won several trophies between 2007 and 2014.
Currently, Forest Ranger Wachira Gatuiria is coaching the team.
Announcing the return of the team to the National Volleyball League, Chief Conservator of Forest Julius Kamau assured Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) on his commitment to ensure that the team reclaim its former glory and to use sport in profiling Kenya Forest Service and its forest conservation role.
He was speaking recently when paid courtesy call by the Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) Treasurer and Nairobi Branch Chairman Mr. Moses Mbuthia at KFS Headquarters.
He also pointed out the need for the Federation to embrace and integrate tree planting in its tournaments across the country toward achieving the ten percent forest cover by 2022.
- Kiplagat promises song and dance on her comebackAthletics 2 days ago
- How Kakamega boy Okombe is living his dream in ItalyHockey 2 days ago
- Top football club doctor dies after contracting coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Did virus scrap your marathon? In Japan, there's an app for thatAthletics 2 days ago
- Fiji Rugby players, staff take 40 per cent paycut in response to coronavirusRugby 2 days ago
- Man City's Walker faces disciplinary action for breaking lockdown rulesFootball 2 days ago
- Serie A season could run to October - Italian FA bossFootball 2 days ago