Snow vanquishes Ngige in thrilling Safari Tour final
Greg Snow secured his second win of the Safari Tour 2019-2020 seventh leg to edge out Simon Ngige in the final round duel at Thika Greens Golf Resort yesterday.
Snow, the Nyali leg winner, maintained his steam from the third round where he played level par 72, producing a final round 1-under 71 to take his total score to 5-under (67, 73, 72, 71) 283.
The Muthaiga golfer was three shots ahead of Simon Ngige of Thika Sports Club, who failed to cut the deficit finishing solo in second place after losing his final round having played level par to round up his score at 1-under (70, 73, 71, 72) 286.
Snow, managed to replicate his good posting from the third round despite rains that saw him open his scorecard with a par on the first.
Ngige, however, had a few brilliant bursts of scoring in between the round, having struggled with his iron game, but still sustained the pressure on Snow, having teed-up alongside Royal Nairobi Golf Club’s Eric Ooko in the last flight of the day. But momentum swung Snow’s way as he picked a birdie on the second, parred the third and fourth holes and lady luck struck as he made an eagle on the par-4 fifth.
Speaking after his win, Snow said he enjoyed playing at the Thika Greens Golf Club.
“I was in great form over the four days. I enjoyed myself and consistently played some great golf. It feels great to finally get my hands on a Safari Tour title after a long wait,” he said.
“I still have a bit to work on and I look forward to the challenge. I want to thank Johnnie Walker and KBL for their continued support.”
For his efforts, Snow took home Sh150,000 which includes a Sh45,000 bonus for a gross score of 3-under par or better.
Second-placed Ngige pocketed Sh70,000 with third-placed David Wakhu pocketing Sh56,000.
Safari Tour action now moves to the Muthaiga Golf Club from Saturday for the eighth leg, with four legs left on the calendar.
- Beach Volleyball: Coach Mulinge drops twoVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Karen leg of Safari Tour attracts record fieldGolf 2 days ago
- Top guns who crossed the seas, fell in love through athletics [PHOTOS]Athletics 2 days ago
- Kobe Bryant mourners visit wrong gravesite as mystery surrounds final resting placeBasketball 2 days ago
- Wilder, Fury bulk up for heavyweight showdownBoxing 2 days ago
- Neymar ‘eyeing PSG extension’ despite Barca linkGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Real's Eden Hazard at risk for City clash after latest injuryFootball 1 day ago