Barca fined for Clasico beach ball incident
Barcelona have been fined 1,500 euros ($1,660) and warned the Camp Nou could be closed after beach balls were thrown on to the pitch during this week's Clasico against Real Madrid, the Spanish football federation announced on Friday.
Inflatable balls were tossed on to the field Wednesday in a politically charged fixture which originally had to be postponed due to violent demonstrations across Catalonia.
The match, which finished goalless, was held up for 90 seconds as Barca made a substitution in the 55th minute due to the objects on the field.
After the game 10 people were arrested and more than 60 injured in clashes between Catalan separatists and police outside the ground.
Some 3,000 police officers and private security agents had been deployed for the match amid calls for separatists to protest outside Camp Nou during the fixture.
- Mayweather sends message to Wilder after Fury defeatBoxing 1 day ago
- Ex-Arsenal Player sacked after child sex offences and molestationFootball 2 days ago
- Liverpool announce pre-tax profit for last seasonFootball 12 hours ago
- Arsenal slammed for showing no characterPremier League 31 minutes ago
- Champions League rule Chelsea broke while playing Bayern Munich – WengerFootball 1 day ago
- Deontay Wilder to sack coach who threw in towel against Tyson FuryBoxing 2 days ago
- Russian tennis star Sharapova retiresTennis 1 day ago