Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic headed to Liverpool?
It would be quite something to see Zlatan Ibrahimovic make a shock return to the Premier League.
Even more so if he were to line-up for the current league leaders Liverpool under Jurgen Klopp.
The 38-year-old veteran has been linked with a move back to Europe after finally announcing his expected departure from LA Galaxy on Wednesday in typical fashion.
"I came, I saw, I conquered. Thank you LA Galaxy for making me feel alive again," he said.
"To the Galaxy fans – you wanted Zlatan, I gave you Zlatan. You are welcome. The story continues … now go back to watch baseball.”
Speculation has linked him with a move back to Italy, with AC Milan suggested front-runners for his signature, while Ibrahimovic teased a transfer to Spain last month.
But despite Ibrahimovic's impressive goals tally in the States, Klopp has made it clear that there is one reason why he won't be signing the Swedish striker.
“If he had not played for Manchester United before, then we might have considered him," Klopp told Sportbladet. "But I'm not even sure he wanted to play here. We're a pretty intense team…"
Ibrahimovic had a decent spell at Old Trafford, winning three trophies including the League Cup, where he scored the winner in the final against Southampton.
His move to the Red Devils was seemingly his last European stop in a journeyman-like career, before heading to the MLS where he netted 30 times in 29 appearances.
But despite not being keen on a move for the Swede, wherever he ends up, Klopp had a clear message for him.
"With that said, I couldn't have had more respect for Zlatan," Klopp added.
“I love his whole career, love his efforts, love his confidence. While it may not always be right, it is entertaining anyway.
“He's a fantastic character and I really hope he doesn't stop playing football. The world will miss him too much.”
- FKF Elections: Mwendwa says he will abide by SDT ruling on pollsFootball 2 days ago
- Magical Kenya Ladies Open: Sweden's Engstrom maintains lead into final roundGolf 2 days ago
- Patrick Vieira hints he's interested in Arsenal manager's jobFootball 9 hours ago
- Man who inspired millions to do Ice Bucket Challenge diesSports 21 hours ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- Man United bosses to back to two transfers after Manchester Derby winGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Kenya Cup: Impala beat Quins as Kabras Sugar win again Rugby 2 days ago