KPL: Tusker, Ulinzi Stars draw as All Stars fish out Sharks
An extra time goal by Timothy Otieno was all former champions Tusker needed to force KCB to a 1-1 draw in a Kenyan Premier League match at Afraha Stadium in Nakuru yesterday.
In another match, Kisumu All Stars registered their first win of the campaign with a 1-0 victory over Kariobangi Sharks at Moi Stadium, Kisumu.
In Nakuru, Otieno scored from the spot after a handball in the box and centre referee Caroline Wafula did not hesitate to point to the spot.
The bankers drew first blood in the 14th minute through Reagan Otieno who pounced on a right wing cross from Benson Amanda to beat Tusker goalkeeper Robert Mboya.
Earlier, the no nonsense Wafula sent KCB’s Bethwell Warambo for an early shower in the 30th minute for a poor tackle on Tusker captain Michael Madoya.
“It is a sad day for Kenyan football as referees enter the pitch with fixed minds,” KCB coach Zedekiah Otieno said.
His Tusker counterpart Robert Matano was satisfied with the outcome saying they pressed on even after conceding early in the match to the chagrin of their opponents.
In Kisumu, Sharks defender Amani Kiata gifted the hosts their first three points after deflecting the ball to his own net in the 89th minute.
Speaking after the win, head coach Henry Omino said he was happy and was looking forward to more wins.
“We played well and missed opportunities in the opening half. To be honest, I didn’t see the goal coming but I am happy we won,” he said.
Sharks William Muluya blamed the lose on defensive mistakes. “It is disappointing that we gifted the hosts the win,” he said.
- FIFA to take legal action to recover $2 million from PlatiniFootball 16 hours ago
- How Kenya floored the world at Mombasa OpenSports 2 days ago
- Amazon secures top Champions League rights for GermanyFootball 2 days ago
- Man United bosses to back to two transfers after Manchester Derby winGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Bayern 3-1 Tottenham: Wanyama makes his first appearance for Spurs since Mourinho's appointment as Tottenham boss Football 2 hours ago
- Benzema could face trial over tapePremier League 22 hours ago
- Former world marathon record holder Wilson Kipsang survives road crashAthletics 2 days ago