Harambee Starlets to report to training following State intervention
Kenya women's national football team Harambee Starlets will finally report to training following Government’s intervention.
Starlets will report for residential training camp tomorrow (Thursday) ahead of the team’s 2020 Tokyo Olympic qualifier match against Zambia.
“Following numerous engagements with the Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Ambassador Amina Mohamed, the government has directed that Harambee Starlets report for residential training camp at Sports Kenya, Stadion Hotel, tomorrow, ahead of the team’s Olympic qualifier against Zambia scheduled for November 8 and 11, 2019, home and away respectively,” FKF said in a statement seen by Game Yetu on Wednesday.
CS Amina also assured FKF that budgetary requests regarding the team’s upcoming fixtures against Zambia would be met.
“The federation wishes to thank the Cabinet Secretary for Sports for her timely intervention, this even as preparations for the team to report to camp begins in earnest.
The Government, through the National Sports Fund, also released Sh3.9million to the federation.
According to FKF, the money is part of a Sh17million budget that the federation had requested from the fund, to go towards the preparation of Harambee Stars CHAN 2020 home and away fixture against Tanzania.
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers promise to deliver Olympics slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Gritty Thunder strike Ulinzi WarriorsBasketball 2 days ago
- Njoroge seeks back to back winsGolf 2 days ago
- Atletico, Atalanta reach last 16 as Bayern cruise past SpursFootball 2 days ago
- No one wants to face Liverpool in Champions League last 16 - RobertsonFootball 2 days ago