Prince Harry to attend England's Rugby World Cup 2019 final with South Africa
Prince Harry will attend England's Rugby World Cup final against South Africa on Saturday.
Eddie Jones' side will tackle the Springbok in Yokohama in an attempt to win the Webb Ellis Trophy for the second time in their history.
The Duke of Sussex is the patron of the RFU (Rugby Football Union) and is a keen rugby fan - having previously been seen at a number of Six Nations and other international matches at Twickenham.
It is currently unknown whether Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, will join him.
The Prince congratulated England for their semi-final victory over New Zealand at the weekend.
He posted on his sussexroyal Instagram page: “Today the England rugby team beat the New Zealand All Blacks to reach the final of the Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan.
“HRH The Duke of Sussex is patron of the Rugby Football Union @englandrugby and like most rugby fans this morning, was thrilled to be able to witness such an amazing display of sportsmanship between two great teams.” Prince Harry then added in his brief message: “Wow, what a game of rugby! Another fantastic performance from our boys. Well done lads!
“You are making us all incredibly proud back home - bring on next week!”
Before the tournament in Japan, Harry, with baby Archie, posted an uplifting message to the England players.
“Alright lads, just wanted to wish you the best of luck for the World Cup,” Harry said. “When I saw you at Pennyhill Park you were all so in sync and this is certainly the best-prepared team we’ve had for many years thanks to the time that you’ve spent together.”
“I hope Eddie is fitting in well. Hope the humidity is not too bad, but you’ve got the whole country behind you, everyone is so pumped for this. It is definitely our year.”
“Make sure you bring it home. Most importantly, have fun, and also, Archie loves the shirt, so thank you, cheers!”
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 2 days ago
- Why Simeone can't afford another slip at AtleticoFootball 2 days ago
- Russian champ blasts own sports authorities over banAthletics 2 days ago
- Benitez not keen on Arsenal and Everton jobsPremier League 2 days ago
- Benzema could face trial over tapePremier League 2 days ago
- Gundogan reveals why Man City is falling behind Liverpool in title racePremier League 2 days ago
- Arsenal to hold talks with Carlo AncelottiPremier League 2 days ago