Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tour
Bandari concluded their tour of Tanzania with a 1-0 win over Tanzanian Premier League side Coastal Union in Tanga ahead of their trip to Guinea for the CAF Confederations Cup match against Horoya Athletic Club in Conakry.
Bandari started the Tanzanian trip last Saturday when they lost 1-0 to giants Simba FC at the National Stadium where Ibrahim Ijabu scored the lone goal in the 70th minute.
David King’atua scored from a free kick in the 60th minute on Monday for the victory over Coastal Union.
At the sometime, Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala said he was confident of overcoming Horoya Athletic Club on October 27. “I know little about our opponents, but we have ordered for one of their videos to analyse their game,” Mwalala said in an interview.
“The previous wins against teams from Sudan and Tunisia has instilled confidence among the players. We have achieved a lot and we want to extend the good run against the Guinean team,” added Mwalala. He said all the players are in top form and ready for selection.
“Our main focus now is our next Kenyan Premier League match against Chemelil before we focus on the Confederation Cup match,” he said.
Mwalala said the little information he has on their opponents is that they have also played in the African Champions’ League and play in the tip tier in the Guinean football league.
“We shall be meeting a team that won the African Cup Winners’ Cup in 1978 only three years after the club's formation in 1975,” said Mwalala.
Bandari had enjoyed a good run in the local league before they lost 2-1 to Sofapaka last week, but Mwalala has taken the defeat as a challenge to bounce back strongly when they face Chemelil.
The coach said he was happy that all of the players are free from injuries. “All the players have been given a clean bill of health and this is encouraging,” he said.
- Ronaldo hat-trick fires Portugal to brink of Euro 2020 qualificationFootball 2 days ago
- 'Clinical' England smash seven past Montenegro to reach Euro 2020 in styleFootball 2 days ago
- Turkey hold Iceland to reach Euro 2020 alongside FranceFootball 2 days ago
- Giroud penalty lifts France past brave MoldovaFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Arsenal striker Henry lands new coaching jobFootball 2 days ago
- Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic headed to Liverpool?Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Arsenal’s Europa League opponents forbidden from selling tickets to their fansFootball 2 days ago