FKF electoral board promises free and fair process
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) electoral board chairman Edwin Wamukoya has assured that the electoral process will be free and fair.
Speaking when his board was inaugurated yesterday, Wamukoya said his team remains independent despite being picked by the FKF executive committee.
“The FKF constitution clearly states that the board will be picked by its executive committee and approved at the general meeting.
“There is no other way it can be done. However, members of this board are people of integrity and we will be fully guided by the FKF, CAF and Fifa constitution in doing our work,” he said.
Wamukoya who served in the previous board that conducted the 2016 elections said he expects it easy this time as a register of clubs already exists.
“We had a lot of challenges in 2016 because we had to sort out the clubs register. This time we don’t have such issues and we expect it to be smooth sailing.”
FKF Chief Executive Officer Barry Otieno said they have faith in the board to do their work properly.
The committee has 60 days to conduct elections starting from the county to the national level.
According to a calendar released by the board, verification of candidates will be done from October 14 to October 19.
After that, the list of candidates will be published on October 22.
There will two days of hearing appeals from October 24 to October 26. The final list of candidates will be published on November 2.
County elections will be held on November 23 with the national polls on December 7.
- Golfers should leave world-record running to Eliud KipchogeGolf 2 days ago
- Tensions rise as typhoon looms over Japan-Scotland showdownRugby 2 days ago
- FIFA bans former top football official Football 2 days ago
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago
- Big screens beaming Kipchoge's attempt live at KICCAthletics 2 days ago
- Nike’s Breaking 2 versus the Ineos 1:59 ChallengeAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge whets North Rift's super Saturday Athletics 2 days ago