Chess: Equity Bank seek victory in league action
Equity Bank Chess Club will be seeking to bounce back to winning ways when the Kenya Premier Chess League resumes today at the KCB Sports Club in Nairobi after a two-week break.
The defending champions are seventh on the log with 37 points after playing 15 matches and are trailing leaders KCB who are on 63 points.
Speaking to the Standard Sports yesterday, Equity captain John Mukabi said they are focusing on catching up with the leaders.
Equity Bank has not played in the past three legs. Mukabi said they will use this opportunity to climb up the table.
“The players are fresh and eager to play after missing out for the past month. We didn’t start well and we wanted to use this opportunity to try and chase KCB who are 26 points away,” he said.
Equity Bank will face Limuru Pawns Chess Club in their first match tomorrow before facing Nairobi Chess Club and Prox Chess Club the following day.
“We have to win our matches this weekend if we are to stand a chance of defending our title. It’s not going to be easy, but we believe we can do it,” he added.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago