Mohamed Elneny and Nacho Monreal are the latest players to leave Arsenal this summer
Spanish left back Nacho Monreal left Arsenal after a six-year spell to join La Liga side Real Sociedad while Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Elneny has joined Turkish side Besiktas on a season-long loan, the Premier League club said on Saturday.
Monreal, 33, joined Arsenal from Malaga in January 2013 and went on to make 251 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals.
"During his time with us, Nacho played in his natural left-back position and also in central defence. He won three FA Cups, three Community Shields and played a big part in our run to the Europa League final last season," said a statement from Arsenal.
"We would like to thank Nacho for his contribution to the club and everyone at Arsenal wishes him the best for his future."
Monreal, who began his career with Osasuna, will be presented as a Real Sociedad player on Monday. He has signed a two-year deal.
Elneny, who joined Arsenal in 2016, has found himself on the fringes of the squad since Unai Emery took over as coach last season.
The 27-year-old Egypt international made only eight league appearances last season and did not feature in their first three matches this season.
"Mohamed Elneny has joined Turkish Super Lig side Besiktas on loan for the rest of the season," the club said.
"The loan is subject to the completion of regulatory processes."
- Christian Mbulu dead: Morecambe defender dies at age of 23Football 2 days ago
- Tyson Fury claims he has accepted offer to fight Mike TysonBoxing 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago