Manchester United sign vandalised with message to Paul Pogba outside Red Devils training base
A sign outside Manchester United's Carrington training base has been vandalised with the words: "Pogba out".
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was greeted by the vandalised sign as he arrived at the Red Devils' training base on Wednesday morning.
The sign was newly erected last week and reads: "Players are no permitted to stop and sign autographs due to danger on the road. No congregating."
The sign was criticised for helping to make modern football even less accessible to fans who congregate at Carrington to meet their heroes.
But Manchester United felt the sign needed to be erected due to the size of the crowds gathered by the entrance to the training ground over the summer holidays, which pose both a safety risk and obstruct local residents.
The other entry point to Carrington on Isherwood Road is still accessible.
Pogba's future at Manchester United is still undecided with Real Madrid sniffing around the Red Devils' prized asset.
The European transfer window closes on September 2 but Zinedine Zidane is continuing to hold out hope that he will get his man.
Neymar looks set to re-sign for Barcelona if he does indeed leave Paris Saint-Germain this week, putting Madrid back in the driving seat for Pogba.
According to Spanish publication Marca, Zidane is adamant he wants a deal done for the France international.
Pogba dropped a big hint over the summer that he is looking for a way out at Man United, telling the press he wants a new challenge.
- Motorsport: WIM Kenya to support young racersSports 1 day ago
- Odion Ighalo set to extend Man United stay until January 2021Football 1 day ago
- Benjamin Ayimba appointed Kenya Rugby League Technical DirectorRugby 1 day ago
- Rashford says people are hurting over Floyd deathFootball 1 day ago
- Five Barcelona players 'tested positive for COVID-19' - but club kept results hiddenGossip & Rumours 17 hours ago
- Bundesliga. Ghanaian-born Davies dazzles as Flick betters Guardiola's Bayern recordFootball 2 days ago
- Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso’s sister dies aged 37Football 13 hours ago