Hill Climb time trial returns to Malewa Bay in Naivasha
The first round of the Hill Climb rally sport will take place on September 21 to 22, organisers Rift Valley Motor and Sports Club announced yesterday.
Hill Climb competition allows a variety of cars to compete, ranging from motorbikes, quads, buggies and modified rally cars.
It is run on three-kilometer graded road with drivers seeking to set the quickest time on the uphill stretch.
The stretch starts from the bottom of a hill at 1,900m to the top at 2,200m, testing the drivers’ abilities to see who can drive fastest uphill on a course with mixture of sharp bends and corners.
The Nakuru-based Rift Valley Motor and Sports Club is supported by Chloride Exide. The competition will be staged at Malewa Bay, on Moi North Lake road, Naivasha.
“The Powerlast brand brings to life the grit that Hill climb events embody and we are delighted to partner with Chloride Exide as our title sponsor for the annual event,” said Gurvir Bhabra, the main organiser of the event.
“If you want to drive in a competitive environment, in a fun and friendly atmosphere, then this is what the Powerlast Hill Climb is all about.”
Foreign drivers from neighbouring countries are allowed to participate in the event free of charge.
Organisers will provide camping venues for spectators and competitors at Malewa during the two-day event.
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- FKF Elections: Nyamweya, ex-Vihiga Governor Akaranga join frayFootball 1 day ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- From now on, here’s how to pronounce top footballers’ names – UEFAFootball 2 days ago
- Barcelona predict billion euro income this seasonFootball 7 minutes ago
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 1 day ago
- Brugge and Galatasaray ends goallessFootball 19 hours ago