David Rudisha taken to hospital after Nyamira road accident
David Lekuta Rudisha, the two-time Olympic 800m champion, sustained minor injuries after being involved in a road accident in Nyamira.
The Sunday morning accident occurred at Nyansiongo area, Kijauri-Keroka highway in Nyamira county.
According to Keroka police boss Walter Abondo, Rudisha lost control of the vehicle and hit a bus from behind.
The athlete who was on his way to Kilgoris sustained minor and soft tissues injuries.
The passengers of the bus were, however, not injured during the incident.
Rudisha was taken to Keroka Sub County Hospital after complaining of lower limbs and chest pain, but Xray reports showed no fractures.
He was treated and discharged.
He later recorded a statement at the Keroka Police Station where his vehicle was also towed to.
Rudisha, who won Olympic gold in 2016, has not competed since 2017 IAAF Diamond League meeting in Shanghai.
- Karen leg of Safari Tour attracts record fieldGolf 18 hours ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 1 day ago
- Tuchel surprised by PSG players partying after Borussia defeatFootball 2 hours ago
- Top guns who crossed the seas, fell in love through athletics [PHOTOS]Athletics 15 hours ago
- Former FIFA boss charged in SwitzerlandFootball 2 days ago
- FIA says Safari Rally will add adventure to World ChampionshipSports 1 day ago
- Arsenal boss Arteta hails Saka impact after win at OlympiakosFootball 1 day ago