David Rudisha taken to hospital after Nyamira road accident
David Lekuta Rudisha, the two-time Olympic 800m champion, sustained minor injuries after being involved in a road accident in Nyamira.
The Sunday morning accident occurred at Nyansiongo area, Kijauri-Keroka highway in Nyamira county.
According to Keroka police boss Walter Abondo, Rudisha lost control of the vehicle and hit a bus from behind.
The athlete who was on his way to Kilgoris sustained minor and soft tissues injuries.
The passengers of the bus were, however, not injured during the incident.
Rudisha was taken to Keroka Sub County Hospital after complaining of lower limbs and chest pain, but Xray reports showed no fractures.
He was treated and discharged.
He later recorded a statement at the Keroka Police Station where his vehicle was also towed to.
Rudisha, who won Olympic gold in 2016, has not competed since 2017 IAAF Diamond League meeting in Shanghai.
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 2 days ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- Rugby World Cup: Five players to watch in JapanRugby 19 minutes ago
- Former football star passes away after battle with motor neurone diseaseFootball 1 day ago
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 2 days ago
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 1 day ago
- KPA MD Manduku flags off Bandari, welcomes TwahaFootball 1 hour ago