David Rudisha taken to hospital after Nyamira road accident
David Lekuta Rudisha, the two-time Olympic 800m champion, sustained minor injuries after being involved in a road accident in Nyamira.
The Sunday morning accident occurred at Nyansiongo area, Kijauri-Keroka highway in Nyamira county.
According to Keroka police boss Walter Abondo, Rudisha lost control of the vehicle and hit a bus from behind.
The athlete who was on his way to Kilgoris sustained minor and soft tissues injuries.
The passengers of the bus were, however, not injured during the incident.
Rudisha was taken to Keroka Sub County Hospital after complaining of lower limbs and chest pain, but Xray reports showed no fractures.
He was treated and discharged.
He later recorded a statement at the Keroka Police Station where his vehicle was also towed to.
Rudisha, who won Olympic gold in 2016, has not competed since 2017 IAAF Diamond League meeting in Shanghai.
- Thika Queens yavizia taji la Ligi KuuFootball 2 days ago
- RB Leipzig boss reveals why some of his players wore different kits during match against TottenhamFootball 2 days ago
- China to play home leg of Olympic qualifier in Sydney due to coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- World rugby chiefs to review transgender policiesRugby 2 days ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury – 22Bet ReviewSports 2 days ago
- Beach Volleyball: Coach Mulinge drops twoVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago