Kenya team bags two medals in taekwondo show
Kenya team won two medals at the ongoing African Games in Rabat, Morocco on Thursday.
Everlyn Aluoch and Faith Wanjiru Ogallo won silver and bronze medals in taekwondo in 63-73kg and over 73kg categories respectively.
Ogallo defeated Algerian Linda Azzeddine on 13-4 points to win bronze, while Aluoch lost against Egyptian Maisoun Tolba in the gold medal contest.
The results are an improvement by the Kenyan taekwondo team that did not win a medal in Congo Brazzaville four years ago at the African Games.
The medals now add to silver medal Kenya collected in beach volleyball through Naomi Too and Gaudencia Makokha. Too and Makokha went down to Egypt in straight sets.
- Ighalo kicked off university pitch after students fail to recognise himGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Ex-Arsenal Player sacked after child sex offences and molestationFootball 23 hours ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 23 hours ago
- FA bans heading the ball in training for kids under 12Football 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chumba eyes glory in TokyoAthletics 19 hours ago
- Champions League rule Chelsea broke while playing Bayern Munich – WengerFootball 3 hours ago
- Kirumba walks tall in NakuruGolf 2 days ago