Kenya team bags two medals in taekwondo show
Kenya team won two medals at the ongoing African Games in Rabat, Morocco on Thursday.
Everlyn Aluoch and Faith Wanjiru Ogallo won silver and bronze medals in taekwondo in 63-73kg and over 73kg categories respectively.
Ogallo defeated Algerian Linda Azzeddine on 13-4 points to win bronze, while Aluoch lost against Egyptian Maisoun Tolba in the gold medal contest.
The results are an improvement by the Kenyan taekwondo team that did not win a medal in Congo Brazzaville four years ago at the African Games.
The medals now add to silver medal Kenya collected in beach volleyball through Naomi Too and Gaudencia Makokha. Too and Makokha went down to Egypt in straight sets.
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 20 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 13 hours ago
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 13 hours ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 13 hours ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 13 hours ago
- Malkia Strikers make false start in JapanVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago