Chelsea defender completes move
Chelsea defender Davide Zappacosta has joined Roma on a six-month loan deal with an option to extend until the end of the season, the Serie A club announced on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old Italian international has at the same time extended his contract with Chelsea until June 2022.
"I am pleased to join Roma, after an experience overseas that helped me progress as both a player and a person," Zappacosta said.
The right-back joined Chelsea from Torino on a four-year deal in 2017, making 52 appearances for the Blues of which 26 were in the Premier League.
Roma finished sixth last season in Serie A and open their campaign at home against Genoa on Sunday.
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 2 days ago
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 1 day ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 21 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 2 days ago
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 2 days ago
- Former football star passes away after battle with motor neurone diseaseFootball 1 day ago