Record Sh9 billion signing Nicolas Pepe reveals how Unai Emery is helping him settle at Arsenal
Arsenal's record signing Nicolas Pepe has paid tribute to boss Unai Emery for helping him settle in north London.
Pepe arrived at the Emirates in a £72m deal from Lille this summer.
He has had to be patient so far, making two substitute appearances in Arsenal's first two matches of the season.
The 24-year-old concedes it will take time to adjust to the Premier League but has lifted the lid on how close Emery is working with him.
"It's been really good because he speaks French and it has been much easier for us to communicate," Pepe told Arsenal Player.
"I am new, the strategy and tactics are new and it really helps that I can get the coach's assistance. Now I need to learn English and this is something he is helping me with also."
Arsenal have started the season with two wins and are expected to be challenging for the top four.
Emery will also want to go one better and win the Europa League and Pepe admits that ambition attracted him to the Emirates.
He added: "I chose to come here because it's a club with a lot of ambition. They have the dream of coming back to the Champions League and I am also an ambitious person, so the choice was very logical.
"I am attracted to the Premier League because it is an extremely intense championship and the best league in the world.
"The idea is to win the Europa League and that is a goal of ours. It's a European event and our goal is to do better than last season. I believe I will."
Emery admitted he would rather not play Liverpool this season but insists Arsenal will be positive when they face the European champions at Anfield on Saturday.
- Hazard to make Real Madrid debut in La LigaFootball 2 days ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 2 days ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Ngeno shocks top guns in Doha trialsAthletics 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers make false start in JapanVolleyball and Handball 9 hours ago
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 18 hours ago