Dybala doesn’t want Manchester United transfer, and here’s why
Paulo Dybala’s transfer to Old Trafford now hangs by a thread due to a bizarre wage cut imposed on all Manchester United players.
The club's management made the move after they failed to qualify for next season's Champions League.
United finished distant sixth in the Premier League and that means they get a season in the Europa League for their failure.
Teams who qualify for the UEFA Champions League are given a hefty windfall compared to their Europa League counterparts.
As a result of that, the entire Red Devils squad was hit with a 25 per cent wage cut for failing to make it to Europe’s elite club competition.
United players seem to have accepted their fate and taken responsibility for their failure but that does not apply to transfer target Dybala who is coming from a decorated spell with the Italian Champions Juventus.
According to the Sun, the Argentine’s wage demands are sky high and he wants no reductions for playing in the Europa League.
He has reportedly asked for £350,000-a-week (Ksh 36 million).
Reports around Europe have linked Dybala with a swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku but the Sun claims that personal terms are far from being agreed.
Dybala on Thursday arrived in Turin to discuss his future with new boss Maurizio Sarri amid speculation of a move away.
With only 7 days left in the transfer window, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, as reported by the Sun, is a restless man as he wants the Lukaku saga resolved as soon as possible to allow time for a perfect replacement.
If United desperately want to offload Lukaku, they might be in serious trouble as the deal will depend on whether Dybala’s camp agrees to a deal.
- Universities: Champions Zetech maintain good runFootball 1 day ago
- MVP award named after Kobe BryantBasketball 2 days ago
- First openly gay British football player Fashanu makes Hall of FameFootball 2 hours ago
- Lionel Messi breaks another record - first footballer to win Laureus award [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago
- Karateka, 72, proves age is just but a number Sports 1 day ago
- Former Manchester United goalkeeper deadFootball 2 days ago
- Cricket: Coast Gymkhana and Mombasa Simba register mixed resultsCricket 1 day ago