Former Tottenham, Liverpool star attacked by masked machete gang at home
Former Premier League striker Ronny Rosenthal was threatened at knife-point after six masked robbers broke into his £4million north London home while his family were sleeping.
Rosenthal, who played for Tottenham and Liverpool, was attacked by the raiders who were looking to steal designer watches from his £4m property, reports the Mail.
It is believed the thugs broke into his home in Cricklewood, which he shares with his wife, at 1am and he was subjected to a terrifying ordeal.
A neighbour of the former footballer told the Standard: “He told me that they were physically abused and threatened with machetes and horrible stuff like that.
“The raiders were in and out in five minutes ... these people know what they’re doing. The family are fine now, they are a strong family but it wasn’t pleasant.
"All you can do is look at your security and be alert but you just never know. If they get in just give them what they want and let them go.
“We have private security who are brilliant for just £20 a week. There are just too many pressures on the police.”
Rosenthal, who was nicknamed 'Rocket Ronny', joined Liverpool in 1990 after making his name in Israel and helped the club to the First Division title.
He is known for his infamous miss against Aston Villa during the very first Premier League season.
Rosenthal, who also won 60 caps for Israel, joined Tottenham in 1994 and spent three seasons with the club before signing for Watford.
This latest incident comes after Arsenal full-back Sead Kolasinac fought off two men wielding knives after he and team-mate Mesut Ozil were attacked in north London last week.
Of this latest incident, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police are investigating an aggravated burglary in Cricklewood that took place on May 11.
“Officers were called to a residential property at 1.14am to a report of multiple armed intruders forcing their way inside. Various items were stolen before the suspect left the scene. No arrests. Enquiries continue.”
- World reacts to Geoffrey Kamworor’s historic victory in DenmarkAthletics 1 hour ago
- Hazard to make Real Madrid debut in La LigaFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers make false start in JapanVolleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 22 hours ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 15 minutes ago