Leaked photo: Nicolas Pepe transfer 'confirmed' as Sh9 billion forward appears in Arsenal shirt
Nicolas Pepe has seemingly been pictured in an Arsenal shirt with his £72m (Sh9 billion) switch appearing to have been confirmed.
Photos emerged on Twitter which looked to showed the player posing in the new Gunners home shirt in front of a camera and patting the Arsenal crest.
While the deal has still not been officially confirmed by either club, it will only be a matter of time before an announcement is made, and it could even happen tomorrow.
Pepe had been linked with a move to the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United before news broke that, somewhat surprisingly, Arsenal had become the favourites for his signature.
He is thought to have completed a medical on Tuesday and will likely sign a contract which will run for five years.
The confirmation of the transfer is likely to delight Gunners fans, with Pepe being one of the most sought-after players of the transfer window.
The Ivory Coast international scored 22 goals in 38 appearances in Ligue 1 last season, and along with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette will provide a fearsome prospect for Premier League defenders next season.
It is unlikely he will sign in time to play a part in Arsenal's pre-season match against Angers on Wednesday, but he could feature in their final friendly game against Barcelona at the weekend.
Once the deal is completed Arsenal will be able to turn their attentions to doing their final bits of business before the transfer window slams shut next Thursday.
Manager Unai Emery is still hoping to bring in a defender, with Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney the most likely to come in, while the likes of Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi could move on.
Arsenal take on Newcastle at St James' Park in their first Premier League game on Sunday August 11.
- Cheruiyot earns promotion ahead of World ChampionshipsAthletics 1 day ago
- KPA MD Manduku flags off Bandari, welcomes TwahaFootball 18 hours ago
- FKF Elections: Nyamweya, ex-Vihiga Governor Akaranga join frayFootball 1 day ago
- From now on, here’s how to pronounce top footballers’ names – UEFAFootball 2 days ago
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 1 day ago
- Barcelona predict billion euro income this seasonFootball 18 hours ago
- Brugge and Galatasaray ends goallessFootball 1 day ago