Huge transfer news about Wanyama leaving Tottenham to join another Premier League club
West Ham United have entered the race to sign Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama if their star midfielder Pedro Obiang leaves.
Obiang looks set for a move to Serie A side Sassuolo who have bid £8.1 million for him.
At the same time, West Ham United are Keen to bolster their options in midfield, if the 27-year-old who joined West Ham from Sampdoria in 2015 departs as expected.
And according to caughtoffside.com, West Ham have identified the Kenyan international as a viable option to replace Obiang who have made a total of 116 appearances in his four seasons in east London, scoring three goals.
It is reported Obiang will be leaving West Ham after their pre-season tour in China.
In the pre-season tour, Manchester City recorded a 4-1 victory against West Ham United.
Wanyama has been linked with an exit from Spurs before the close of the summer transfer window after falling down the pecking order at Tottenham due to his injury record last season- where he spent a lot of time on the sidelines and only managed 13 appearances in the league for Spurs.
However, no team has come out to pursue his signature and with the transfer clock ticking, he might be up for another chance to impress Mauricio Pochettino.
It is believed Wanyama’s injury problems present hurdles to this transfer deal despite being a top Premier League performer.
If the 28 year old will be fit to stay at Spurs for next season, then it will be a selection nightmare for his boss Mauricio Pochettino, who might be forced to leave some of his many midfielders on the bench for squad-balancing purposes.
- Shujaa seek to charge past South Africa in Dubai Sevens Rugby 2 days ago
- Why Kenya’s Crouch fears Algerian star BounedjahSports 8 hours ago
- Ozil angrily yells at assistant manager after Arsenal defeat by BrightonFootball 1 day ago
- Top athletes attend AK and Adak seminarAthletics 2 days ago
- Man United inflict first Spurs defeat on Mourinho as Liverpool romp clearFootball 2 days ago
- Fiji miss out on Dubai Sevens last-eight for first timeRugby 7 hours ago
- Ljungberg explains Pepe plan as he bids to solve key Arsenal issuePremier League 1 day ago