Real Madrid new signing cuts press conference short after almost fainting
Eder Militao had to walk out of his Real Madrid unveiling after almost fainting.
Militao completed his £43m switch to the Bernabeu from Porto earlier this summer.
The Brazilian defender was finally presented as a Los Blancos player on Wednesday after completing his medical.
But Militao was visibly struggling as he took questions from the media amid sweltering temperatures in the Spanish capital.
Militao complained of feeling dizzy as he took part in the press conference and appeared in serious discomfort before drinking a glass of water in an attempt to cool down.
But the 32-degree heat eventually took its toll on Militao, who was forced to cut the press conference short and walk out of the Bernabeu press room.
"I'm feeling dizzy. This is quite an emotional day for me," Militao said.
Earlier in the press conference, the defender issued a pledge to the Real Madrid supporters as he prepares to link up with his new teammates.
"You can expect a competitive player and he will give everything.
"I will play as if it were always the last game."
Militao had been with the Brazil squad at Copa America as Tite's men claimed victory on home soil.
He was the first summer signing made by Zinedine Zidane with the likes of Eden Hazard, Rodrygo, Luka Jovic and Ferland Mendy following suit.
Real are also in the race for Paul Pogba but may struggle to meet Manchester United's £180m price tag after their significant outlay already this summer.
Their hopes of cashing in on Gareth Bale appear slim after the Welshman rejected the chance to secure a big-money move to China.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago