Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talents
Kenya Premier League champions Gor Mahia are known for exporting talents to foreign teams with recent high profile sales being Jacques Tuyisenge and Francis Kahata.
Tuyisenge moved to Angolan giants Petro Atletico in a mega-money deal while Kahata is reported to have concluded a move to Tanzanian side Simba SC in a Ksh 4 million deal.
But Mathare United have also shown just how much talent they can produce by exporting one of their own to a foreign League.
According to Egyptian website Kingfut .com, striker Cliff Nyakeya has joined Fc Masr of Egypt.
Masr are a newly promoted side in the Egyptian Premier league who secured promotion for the first time since their founding in 2009.
They have been clawing themselves up the Egyptian tier system since they joined the fourth division a decade ago and it has been a tough journey for them.
In their efforts to prepare for top-flight Egyptian football, they have decided to go for Nyakeya who posted good statistics in the Kenya Premier league this past campaign after finishing fourth on the goalscoring charts with 14 goals for the Slam Boys.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago