Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talents
Kenya Premier League champions Gor Mahia are known for exporting talents to foreign teams with recent high profile sales being Jacques Tuyisenge and Francis Kahata.
Tuyisenge moved to Angolan giants Petro Atletico in a mega-money deal while Kahata is reported to have concluded a move to Tanzanian side Simba SC in a Ksh 4 million deal.
But Mathare United have also shown just how much talent they can produce by exporting one of their own to a foreign League.
According to Egyptian website Kingfut .com, striker Cliff Nyakeya has joined Fc Masr of Egypt.
Masr are a newly promoted side in the Egyptian Premier league who secured promotion for the first time since their founding in 2009.
They have been clawing themselves up the Egyptian tier system since they joined the fourth division a decade ago and it has been a tough journey for them.
In their efforts to prepare for top-flight Egyptian football, they have decided to go for Nyakeya who posted good statistics in the Kenya Premier league this past campaign after finishing fourth on the goalscoring charts with 14 goals for the Slam Boys.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago