CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of context
It has come to our attention that one of our articles was MISLEADING, WRONG and taken out of context.
An article published on this website Tuesday, June 25th claimed Tanzania President John Magufuli launched a ‘furious tirade’ on the men’s national football team (Taifa Stars) after their loss to Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations on Sunday, June 23.
This is FALSE.
According to AFP Fact Check, our website took the video out of context since Magufuli was not talking about this particular match. He was not talking about Senegal at all.
Who will tell Magufuli that Sénégal has almost 20 Million people. A simple google search wound have helped. But I get his pain..... pic.twitter.com/opIXFXF8zx — Ahmed Mohamed ((ASMALi)) (@Asmali77) June 24, 2019
AFP Fact Check also clarifies the clip was taken during the team’s visit to Tanzania’s State House on March 25 where the President had invited the national after they qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations, rewarding each player a parcel of land and money for training.
The misjudged clip was taken from when Magufuli was talking about Taifa Stars’ loss to Lesotho during the qualifiers back in November the previous year.
Game Yetu would like to unconditionally apologise for making this error and promise to provide more accurate content.
We are sorry.
- Body of star footballer who perished in lake accident foundFootball 2 weeks ago
- Meet the cute 19-year-old who will cost you Sh14 billionFootball 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 week ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Varsity don Waweru makes history as first Kenyan centre ref at AfconFootball 2 weeks ago