Manchester City star blasted for failing to pay nanny
Riyad Mahrez and his wife have reportedly been ordered to hand over thousands of pounds to their children's nanny who complained she had not been properly paid by the star.
A judge ruled the Manchester City player, who makes £200,000-a-week with the champions, and wife Rita made an unauthorized deduction from Catalina Miraflores's pay packet, The Sun reports.
The money was reportedly owed for overtime and expenses incurred by the nanny, who was paid £12-an-hour, for looking after their children after the footballer moved from Leicester City to Manchester.
The 28-year-old winger transferred to Manchester in 2018 as part of a deal reported to be worth £60 million.
Employment judge John Sherratt ruled that Mahrez, who also plays for the Algerian national team, and his partner should have paid their nanny £3,612.
The couple should also have covered expenses incurred by Ms Miraflores and were ordered to pay £150 in damages.
Ms Miraflores, 52, told the paper: "I worked really, really hard for that money. But he had not paid me. I didn't know what to do.
"There was never any problem with my work. I worked all of those hours and should be paid.
“Mahrez earns £200,000 a week. I don’t want to destroy anyone’s reputation — I just wanted my money. He’s a cheapskate.”
Mr Sherratt said in a written judgment: "The respondents have made an unauthorized deduction from the claimant's wages and are ordered to pay the claimant the net sum of £3,612.
"The respondents, in breach of contract, have failed to pay certain expenses to the claimant and are ordered to pay damages to the claimant in the sum of £150.00."
Mahrez has until July 3 to comply with the order.
It is a bizarre end to what had been a successful season for Mahrez, who helped his Man City side towards a domestic treble.
Mirror Sport has contacted Manchester City for comment.
- Shock as Kenyan runner Abraham Kiptum is banned for four yearsAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Dope? What Abraham Kiptum is losing after four-year banAthletics 2 days ago
- Revealed: Mahrez could have been an Arsenal player…butGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Cancer survivor, father of three dies after boxing training session goes wrongBoxing 2 days ago
- Sterling dropped by England after clash with GomezFootball 2 days ago
- Man City to spend Sh11 billion to try catch up with Liverpool in JanuaryFootball 2 days ago
- Xhaka is NOT leaving Arsenal Football 2 days ago