Kwale County dominates Coast region Term Two games in Malindi
Kwale County schools were in a class of their own as they dominated the Coast region secondary schools Term Two games that ended at Malindi High School in Kilifi County over the weekend.
Most of the champions proved their mettle by retaining their titles.
Kwale County retained Boys’ and Girls’ Under 19 football and netball titles but lost the boys Under 16 title, which they had won since the inception of the tournament three years ago.
Kaya Tiwi won the first edition with Konondo and Kwale boys winning in 2017 and last year respectively.
However, on Saturday, Serani boys of Mombasa County broke Kwale’s stranglehold to win the boys’ Under 16 with 4-3 victory over immediate former champions Kaya Tiwi.
Kwale’s Shimba Hills beat Serani 3-0 to retain the boys’ Under 19 title while reigning East Africa and national champions Kwale Girls outclassed their rivals St John’s Kaloleni 1-0 in a tough final.
Kwale easily retain the netball crown with a 57-10 win over Mombasa’s St Charles Lwanga.
Shimoni school wrapped up Kwale’s dominance with a 3-0 win over Kilifi’s Vitengeni Baptist School in boys’ volleyball final. St John’s Kaloleni beat Mombasa’s St Peters 3-0 to retain the girls volleyball trophy.
Kwale County emerged overall winners with 101 points with Kilifi and Mombasa bagging 82 and 72 points for the second and third positions. Others were Taita Taveta (71), Tana River (35) and Lamu (15).
The winners head to Kisumu next month for the national.
- Shame: Some Gor Mahia players arrived at Kasarani on bodabodasFootball 3 months ago
- Football: Wanga shuts door on Stars after 12-year dutyFootball 1 week ago
- Real Madrid confirm signing of star striker Football 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 week ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 week ago