Do these photos mean Lampard will come to Chelsea with Drogba as his assistant?
Frank Lampard has reportedly held talks over replacing Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge legend is the frontrunner to replace Sarri after just one season in management.
Lampard guided Derby to the Championship play-offs last term but the Mail reports he has opened talks with his former club.
Sarri's exit is likely to be confirmed this week with the Italian returning to Serie A to join champions Juventus.
Chelsea will then speed up the search for his successor with Lampard the favourite, although Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, Max Allegri, Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo and Watford coach Javi Gracia are all contenders.
Lampard was pictured in London on Tuesday afternoon as he reunited with former teammate Didier Drogba.
The Blues legends met for lunch in Walton Street, under two miles away from Stamford Bridge.
Lampard impressed in his first season in management and Roman Abramovich holds him in high regard, despite his lack of experience.
Meanwhile, former teammate Shaun Wright-Phillips has urged the former England midfielder to snub Chelsea.
“He may as well continue progressing as a coach and then when he goes there he goes there for good," Wright-Phillips said.
“That’s what I would like to see him do but if he feels ready for it – and only he knows – he should jump at it.”
Drogba meanwhile is in the capital ahead of Soccer Aid this weekend.
The Ivorian legend will turn out for the Rest of the World XI side against England at Stamford Bridge as football legends take to the field with stars from TV, film and music.
- Blow for Kenya as Manangoi is ruled out of Doha WorldsAthletics 1 hour ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 12 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks down in tears during TV interview after seeing late dad Football 15 hours ago
- World reacts to Kamworor’s new Half Marathon recordAthletics 14 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 16 hours ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 1 hour ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 1 day ago