Torino complete defender Aina's transfer from Chelsea
Chelsea defender Ola Aina's move to Torino has been made permanent with both clubs confirming on Tuesday the 10-million-euro ($11.3 million) buyout clause has been activated.
The 22-year-old Nigerian international joined the northern Italian club last August on a year-long loan, and has made 32 Serie A appearances, scoring one goal.
"Everyone at Chelsea Football Club would like to thank Ola for his services and we wish him the best of luck for the next stage in his career," the Premier League club confirmed.
Torino president Urbano Cairo confirmed that they had exercised the buyout clause for Aina for 10 million euros as well as fellow defenders Cristian Ansaldi from Inter Milan, and Koffi Djidji from French club Nantes.
"Now Torino own all their players," said Cairo.
Torino, from the same city as Juventus, finished seventh last season, missing out on Europa League qualification.
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago