Torino complete defender Aina's transfer from Chelsea
Chelsea defender Ola Aina's move to Torino has been made permanent with both clubs confirming on Tuesday the 10-million-euro ($11.3 million) buyout clause has been activated.
The 22-year-old Nigerian international joined the northern Italian club last August on a year-long loan, and has made 32 Serie A appearances, scoring one goal.
"Everyone at Chelsea Football Club would like to thank Ola for his services and we wish him the best of luck for the next stage in his career," the Premier League club confirmed.
Torino president Urbano Cairo confirmed that they had exercised the buyout clause for Aina for 10 million euros as well as fellow defenders Cristian Ansaldi from Inter Milan, and Koffi Djidji from French club Nantes.
"Now Torino own all their players," said Cairo.
Torino, from the same city as Juventus, finished seventh last season, missing out on Europa League qualification.
- Why Gor Mahia need a ‘miracle’ tonightFootball 2 months ago
- Manchester United close to announcing second signing in two weeksFootball 6 days ago
- Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte set to land new jobFootball 1 month ago
- Man United ‘agree deal’ with Swansea for attackerFootball 1 month ago
- Semenya accuses IAAF of using her as 'human guinea pig'Athletics 1 week ago
- Blow to Chelsea, key player out for rest of the seasonFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Migne satisfied with squadFootball 1 week ago