Torino complete defender Aina's transfer from Chelsea
Chelsea defender Ola Aina's move to Torino has been made permanent with both clubs confirming on Tuesday the 10-million-euro ($11.3 million) buyout clause has been activated.
The 22-year-old Nigerian international joined the northern Italian club last August on a year-long loan, and has made 32 Serie A appearances, scoring one goal.
"Everyone at Chelsea Football Club would like to thank Ola for his services and we wish him the best of luck for the next stage in his career," the Premier League club confirmed.
Torino president Urbano Cairo confirmed that they had exercised the buyout clause for Aina for 10 million euros as well as fellow defenders Cristian Ansaldi from Inter Milan, and Koffi Djidji from French club Nantes.
"Now Torino own all their players," said Cairo.
Torino, from the same city as Juventus, finished seventh last season, missing out on Europa League qualification.
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 6 hours ago
- Liverpool’s training return a massive lift for KloppFootball 1 day ago
- MLS players send new restart proposal to leagueFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea stars take the knee as Premier League stars lead way on Blackout TuesdayFootball 13 hours ago
- Athletics: Stars dust spikes in readiness for epic race on June 11Athletics 6 hours ago
- Fans could return for 20-21 season, says Premier League chiefFootball 2 days ago