KCB appoints Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as head coach
KCB FC has appointed Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as the new head coach.
Otieno, who takes over from June 10, replaces tactician Frank Ouna who has since left the club.
The transition is part of the changes meant to strengthen the team ahead of the coming season.
The appointment came barely less than two days after 'Zico' resigned as the Gor Mahia assistant coach after a two-year tenure at the Kenyan football giants side.
“We are keen to continually build a strong squad and tap it to its full potential. We are looking at a top 4 finish next season and therefore we are looking for the right mix of skills to propel the team,” said Paul Russo, the Club’s President who is also the KCB Group Director Regional Business.
KCB finished 10th in the SportPesa Premier league with 45 points, marking a largely successful season after promotion to the top flight league.
The Bankers will now be targeting a top-four finish in the Kenya Premier League next season after the appointment of the tactician.
KCB FC is sponsored by KCB Bank, the biggest lender by assets in the East African region.
- Kenyans can already see themselves in 2022 World Cup after ‘fair’ drawFootball 1 day ago
- Sala's family still waiting for answers one year after striker's deathSports 2 days ago
- RFUEA Grounds set to host 2020 Safari 7s for the third time in a rowRugby 2 days ago
- Ex-Real Madrid star denies assassinating teammateFootball 2 days ago
- United charged by FA over players misconductPremier League 2 days ago
- Man United boss Solskjaer favourite to be sacked next Gossip & Rumours 15 hours ago
- Mbwana Samatta: Victor Wanyama welcomes Aston Villa's new signing to the Premier LeagueFootball 2 days ago