Has Ian Wright just leaked Arsenal's new kits? Post showing Adidas strips deleted
Ian Wright has caused a stir among Arsenal fans on social media after he apparently leaked the club's new kits for next season - and then deleted the post.
The former Arsenal forward posted the below image of Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang seemingly wearing the new home and away kits respectively.
Wright quickly deleted the image once the post was copied by excited Gunners supporters and shared all over Twitter, suggesting the Arsenal favourite had uploaded it a little prematurely.
But it cannot be confirmed whether the kits are genuine - or whether Wright is simply having a laugh - as Arsenal are yet to confirm their strips for next season.
The majority of Arsenal fans who have seen the kits are hoping they are genuine, judging by the response on social media.
The home kit is both modern and traditional with white sleeves complimenting the famous red shirt, while the away kit is stunning.
The strip draws inspiration from the 'bruised banana' kit from 1991 - which Wright himself wore during his playing days at Arsenal.
The shirt itself is yellow with a blue trim and features a subtle (unlike the 1991 version) triangular print, also in blue, all over the kit.
The Gunners confirmed back in 2018 that Adidas would take over from Puma as their official kit supplier from 2019/20.
The German sportswear company have agreed to pay the Premier League club a figure of around £300million over five years as part of the deal.
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 2 months ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago