Safari Rally CEO Phineas Kimathi now a member of the WRC Commission
Kenya Safari Rally CEO Phineas Kimathi has been appointed as a member of the International Automobile Foundation World Rally Championship (FIA WRC) commission.
In a document seen by Game Yetu, Kimathi has been appointed as a representative of the organizers alongside five others.
Phineas has been championing Kenya’s dream to get back to World Rally status, emphasising on the need to realise this dream and what impact it brings to the Kenyan economy.
“Our aim is to not only make our nation and our people proud and deliver on our President’s promise but benefit from economic windfall the WRC status brings to our economy,” said Kimathi in February.
The Kenyan government in January promised to fully support the 019 FIA World Rally Championships.
“Let us acknowledge and salute the government and KMSF efforts in taking the sport a notch higher. This is because as you are aware, the Safari’s WRC campaign is a Jubilee government’s project and its patron is his Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta,” said ex-Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa.
According to Echesa, the government had also met its financial obligations to the FIA and WRC promoters.
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 2 weeks ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 2 weeks ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 3 weeks ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago