Safari Rally CEO Phineas Kimathi now a member of the WRC Commission
Kenya Safari Rally CEO Phineas Kimathi has been appointed as a member of the International Automobile Foundation World Rally Championship (FIA WRC) commission.
In a document seen by Game Yetu, Kimathi has been appointed as a representative of the organizers alongside five others.
Phineas has been championing Kenya’s dream to get back to World Rally status, emphasising on the need to realise this dream and what impact it brings to the Kenyan economy.
“Our aim is to not only make our nation and our people proud and deliver on our President’s promise but benefit from economic windfall the WRC status brings to our economy,” said Kimathi in February.
The Kenyan government in January promised to fully support the 019 FIA World Rally Championships.
“Let us acknowledge and salute the government and KMSF efforts in taking the sport a notch higher. This is because as you are aware, the Safari’s WRC campaign is a Jubilee government’s project and its patron is his Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta,” said ex-Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa.
According to Echesa, the government had also met its financial obligations to the FIA and WRC promoters.
- KSI defeats Paul in bout of YouTube boxersBoxing 2 days ago
- Unai Emery gives update about his job following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to LeicesterFootball 2 days ago
- Step by step explanation of how SportPesa, Betin case win against KRA will affect your betFootball 2 days ago
- Lively Man United earn 3-1 win over BrightonFootball 2 days ago
- View the latest EPL Table after Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-1Football 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man City to open up eight-point Premier League leadFootball 2 days ago
- Clinical Gor Mahia run weak AFC Leopards out of townFootball 2 days ago