Sofapaka sponsors reward players and coach for exemplary work
Sofapaka sponsors, Betika, have rewarded Sofapaka head coach and two players with cash prizes for their exemplary performances this season.
Batoto Ba Mungu head coach John Baraza, striker Umaru Kasumba and goalkeeper Justin Ndikumana had a reason to smile after receiving Sh100,000 each from Betika.
Kasumba was earlier named the Sports Journalists Association of Kenya (SJAK) February player of the month due to his goal scoring heroics while Baraza and Ndikumana received the corresponding March awards and for that acclaim, the sponsors rewarded them.
“This is something really good from the sponsors to support us and award us at this time of the season. I know that this will pose a challenge to the other players to also work hard and get those awards because now we know that the sponsors will reward us as well. Overall, it will make us as a team improve,” head coach Baraza said.
Kasumba could not hide his gratitude for the reward from the sponsors and he promised the team will hard work to claim magnificent performances on the pitch.
“It is a great gesture and now everyone has to work hard. It is also good for the motivation of the players and I hope we will continue in this way and more players from Sofapaka will be awarded the monthly trophies,” said Kasumba.
Batoto Ba Mungu are eyeing for the SPL trophy as they continue to battle with leaders Gor Mahia in the tightly-contested league campaign which is set to conclude before the end of the month.
- Neymar gets lucky ahead of Real Madrid clash, Champions League ban reducedFootball 2 days ago
- FKF announces dates for electionsFootball 7 hours ago
- Ayimba tipped for Kenya Harlequin jobRugby 3 minutes ago
- Tottenham held by Olympiakos after blowing two-goal leadFootball 1 day ago
- Cheruiyot earns promotion ahead of World ChampionshipsAthletics 1 day ago
- Man United worries disappear after De Gea signs new contractFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby World Cup: Five players to watch in JapanRugby 6 hours ago