Sofapaka sponsors reward players and coach for exemplary work
Sofapaka sponsors, Betika, have rewarded Sofapaka head coach and two players with cash prizes for their exemplary performances this season.
Batoto Ba Mungu head coach John Baraza, striker Umaru Kasumba and goalkeeper Justin Ndikumana had a reason to smile after receiving Sh100,000 each from Betika.
Kasumba was earlier named the Sports Journalists Association of Kenya (SJAK) February player of the month due to his goal scoring heroics while Baraza and Ndikumana received the corresponding March awards and for that acclaim, the sponsors rewarded them.
“This is something really good from the sponsors to support us and award us at this time of the season. I know that this will pose a challenge to the other players to also work hard and get those awards because now we know that the sponsors will reward us as well. Overall, it will make us as a team improve,” head coach Baraza said.
Kasumba could not hide his gratitude for the reward from the sponsors and he promised the team will hard work to claim magnificent performances on the pitch.
“It is a great gesture and now everyone has to work hard. It is also good for the motivation of the players and I hope we will continue in this way and more players from Sofapaka will be awarded the monthly trophies,” said Kasumba.
Batoto Ba Mungu are eyeing for the SPL trophy as they continue to battle with leaders Gor Mahia in the tightly-contested league campaign which is set to conclude before the end of the month.
- Former UEFA President Platini arrestedFootball 1 week ago
- Solskjaer reacts after painful defeat to BarcelonaFootball 2 months ago
- Real Madrid agree Sh11 Billion fee for Chelsea's HazardGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Revealed: 4 superstars Man United want to buy as Solskjaer looks to rebuild his team Football 2 months ago
- Referee accidentally scores a goal then allowed it to standFootball 4 weeks ago
- Blow to Harambee Stars as defender injured ahead of AFCONFootball 2 weeks ago