Bandari FC beat Chemelil Sugar to maintain third spot
Congolese striker Yema Mwana struck twice as Bandari beat Chemelil Sugar 3-1 in a SportPesa Premier League match played at Mbaraki Sports Club yesterday.
Richard Oti scored a penalty in the sixth minute for Chemelil to take an early lead before Mwana equalised off Shaban Kenga’s pass in the 17th minute. David King’atua converted a penalty for the dockers in the 31st minute after Samuel Mpondo handled in the box for a 2-1 lead at halftime.
Mwana completed his brace in the 71st minute following a goalmouth melee.
The well-deserved victory sees Bandari sit comfortably in the third spot a point adrift of second-placed Sofapaka with a game in hand.
Bandari take their points tally to 55 from 29 matches while Sofapaka lie second with 56 points from 30 matches while Gor Mahia lead with 66 points from 29 outings and only need one win to retain the title.
In yesterday’s match, both teams started the match tactfully defending and as well attacking cautiously.
Bandari came close to scoring in the third minute when Mwana’s shot landed in goalkeeper Morgan Alure’s arms.
The second half started slowly before both teams picked up the momentum after 15 minutes.
Moses Mudavadi who came in for the injured Abdallah Hassan fitted well to feed the wingers with good passes.
Gideon Kiret and Junior Adeyefa were outstanding in the second half for Chemelil.
Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala benched King’atua and Shaban Kenga for Benjamin Mosha and Darius Msagha while Chemelil tactician Francis Baraza brought in Erick Juma for Philip Muchuma.
Harambee Stars call up Faruk Shikhalo proved he deserved to be in the team with outstanding saves in the dying minutes of the game.
- Boxing superstar reveals how he uses Game Of Thrones as motivation to beat rivalsBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Abraham Kiptum’s suspension sparks different reactions from netizensAthletics 1 month ago
- Manchester United finally win trophy this seasonFootball 1 week ago
- How careless Manchester United were undone by MessiFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal star to miss Europa League final over safety fearsFootball 5 days ago
- Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte set to land new jobFootball 2 weeks ago
- Calling Messi God is blasphemy – Pope Francis Football 1 month ago