Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next season
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have been both formally awarded club licences by the English Football Association to play in the Women’s Super League next season.
United won the second-tier Women’s Championship with a resounding 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace last month, 11 months after the team made a comeback since being scrapped in 2005.
Spurs sealed second spot and promotion with a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa earlier this month.
The FA also confirmed Blackburn Rovers and Coventry United have been awarded licences for next season’s Championship.
Rovers clinched the Women’s National League Northern Premier Division title by a 21-point margin to seal promotion to the second division, while Coventry finished top of the Southern Division.
- School games: Langata seek return to national gamesVolleyball and Handball 5 days ago
- Pep Guardiola gives huge update about Griezmann joining Manchester CityFootball 1 month ago
- South Korea scraps joint Olympic hockey team with North KoreaAthletics 1 month ago
- SPL: Gor and AFC stumble ahead of derbyFootball 1 month ago
- Migne’s faith drives OdhiamboFootball 3 weeks ago
- How Women's World Cup has smashed TV viewing recordsFootball 6 days ago
- How Gor Mahia were frustrated by Homeboyz in KakamegaFootball 2 months ago