Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next season
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have been both formally awarded club licences by the English Football Association to play in the Women’s Super League next season.
United won the second-tier Women’s Championship with a resounding 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace last month, 11 months after the team made a comeback since being scrapped in 2005.
Spurs sealed second spot and promotion with a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa earlier this month.
The FA also confirmed Blackburn Rovers and Coventry United have been awarded licences for next season’s Championship.
Rovers clinched the Women’s National League Northern Premier Division title by a 21-point margin to seal promotion to the second division, while Coventry finished top of the Southern Division.
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 2 days ago
- Ireland must frustrate the hell out of All Blacks, says D'ArcyRugby 2 days ago