Barcelona send message to Mohamed Salah after he's ruled out of Anfield semi-final
The signs didn't look good for him when he went down at St James's Park on Saturday, and on Monday Liverpool fans got the news they'd been dreading when Jurgen Klopp ruled Mohamed Salah out of the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.
It was already a pretty big ask for the Reds to recover from the 3-0 deficit they were faced with after the first leg, but doing so without their concussed top scorer is now going to be even tougher.
But if Salah was in need of a pick-me-up on Monday then he soon got one from an unlikely source. The Barcelona Twitter account.
In a classy move, Barca's main English language account - with its some 29.6million followers - responded to Liverpool's tweet confirming that Salah would miss the match.
The Reds wrote: "Mohamed Salah has been ruled out of LFC's Champions League semi-final second-leg tie with FC Barcelona on Tuesday."
To which Barca replied with: "Games like these are for world-class players. Get well soon!"
Some cheeky Liverpool fans responded to the tweet with the suggestion that Barca rest two-goal first leg hero Lionel Messi to even things out, and maybe even ex-Red Luis Suarez seeing as Liverpool will be without Roberto Firmino as well.
You can't knock them for trying.
- Manchester United players in trouble for failing to qualify for Champions LeagueFootball 4 weeks ago
- Manchester United CEO issues massive statement on Champions LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Women's World Cup kicks off with interest at new highFootball 1 week ago
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua might ban Drake from dressing room amid 'curse' fearsBoxing 1 month ago
- SPL: Sofapaka go top as AFC floor RangersFootball 1 month ago
- National Autocross: Zameer Verjee set to raise dust at Jamhuri racetrackSports 1 week ago
- Manchester United: Luke Shaw wins best player award (Photos)Football 1 month ago