Iker Casillas suffers heart attack, rushed to hospital
Iker Casillas has suffered a heart attack, according to reports from Portugal.
His club Porto confirmed the news to Portuguese television channel TVI after the goalkeeper collapsed during a training session on Wednesday.
The Real Madrid legend underwent surgery but is now in a stable condition and is recovering at Hospital CUF in Porto.
He is expected to be ruled out for the rest of the season.
Casillas' former Real Madrid team-mate Sergio Ramos is among those who have sent their well-wishes to the goalkeeper on social media.
The Spaniard tagged Casillas in a tweet alongside the praying hands emoji.
Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal also sent his best to his compatriot, tweeting: "A huge hug to Iker Casillas right now. Iker Force!"
Manchester United youngster Diogo Dalot played alongside Casillas at Porto last season. On Twitter, he wrote: "Stay strong. Will be all right," alongside the praying hands emoji.
Porto shot-stopper Casillas recently signed a new contract with the Primeira Liga club. The deal is for one more year with the option of another season, which could keep him at Porto until he is 40.
After signing his new contract in March, Casillas said: "Today is a very special day. I feel at home at this club. I want to stay here until I finish my career as a footballer,”
"When I got here, many would think it would be to play a year or two and finish. I only have words of appreciation to this club. Not only to the club but to the city itself,”
"Our idea is to compete for the missing titles. We have a total focus on the championship and the possible final of the Portuguese Cup, where we want to be. In the Champions League, anything can happen,”
"My head is only in FC Porto. I will finish my career here and represent the values of the club and the values of the Portistas,”
"After that, frankly, I don't know, but I hope I'm always tied to football."
- Malaysian golfer dies in hotel roomGolf 2 months ago
- Chelsea sign Christian Pulisic from Borussia DortmundFootball 1 month ago
- Schwarzenegger has revealed why he was attacked with flying kick in South Africa Sports 1 month ago
- Liverpool fans furious with reception Virgil van Dijk got from England supportersFootball 2 weeks ago
- Blow to Harambee Stars as another key player ruled out of AFCON openerFootball 2 days ago
- Rashford gives brutally honest view on Man United’s shocking formFootball 2 months ago
- Police tracking down disgraced Asbel KipropAthletics 1 month ago