Kenya Rules London: Eliud Kipchoge wins 2019 marathon in style
Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge has won the 39th edition of the London marathon men’s elite race.
This is now his fourth London Marathon title after crossing the line first in 2:02:37, 18 seconds ahead of Ethiopia’s Mosinet Geremew.
Mule Wasihun (Ethiopia) finished third in 2:03:16.
This is a new course record time for Kipchoge, who has now cemented a place among the world’s marathon greats.
Described as ‘one of the greatest marathoners’ in the modern era,’, Kipchoge has won an astonishing 11 of the 12 marathons he has participated in, his only loss coming at the hands of Kenyan compatriot Wilson Kipsang at the 2013 Berlin Marathon.
Early this year, he was named Sportsman of the Year at the SOYA awards.
- Blow to Man United, club told they will not sign top class playerFootball 1 week ago
- Transfer News LIVE: Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal gossip plus Romelu Lukaku latestGossip & Rumours 3 weeks ago
- Former Premier League referee confesses his love for one teamFootball 2 months ago
- Man Utd to put financial firepower to work on pitch next seasonPremier League 1 month ago
- Video: Messi caught shoving Liverpool star in the face during Champions League knockout matchFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United predicted line up for crucial Premier League clash Football 2 months ago
- Photos: Koscielny packs his bags for last time as Arsenal travel to BakuFootball 1 month ago