Kenya Rules London: Eliud Kipchoge wins 2019 marathon in style
Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge has won the 39th edition of the London marathon men’s elite race.
This is now his fourth London Marathon title after crossing the line first in 2:02:37, 18 seconds ahead of Ethiopia’s Mosinet Geremew.
Mule Wasihun (Ethiopia) finished third in 2:03:16.
This is a new course record time for Kipchoge, who has now cemented a place among the world’s marathon greats.
Described as ‘one of the greatest marathoners’ in the modern era,’, Kipchoge has won an astonishing 11 of the 12 marathons he has participated in, his only loss coming at the hands of Kenyan compatriot Wilson Kipsang at the 2013 Berlin Marathon.
Early this year, he was named Sportsman of the Year at the SOYA awards.
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 1 month ago
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 month ago
- Mercy Wanjiru stars at KDF showpieceAthletics 1 month ago
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 1 month ago
- Revealed: Why Chelsea delayed announcing Frank Lampard's return to Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago