Brigid Kosgei wins London Marathon Women’s Elite Race
Kenyan marathon runner Brigid Jepscheschir Kosgei is the winner of the 39th edition of the London Marathon.
This is perhaps the 25-year-old’s biggest win of her career, crossing the finish line on a personal best of 2:18:20, ahead of Kenyan compatriot Vivian Cheruiyot, who crossed the line at 2:20:14.
21-year-old Ethiopian Roza Dereje finished third in 2:20:51.
Kosgei finished second at the Chicago Marathon in 2017 in a personal best time of 2:20:22 and a year later, won the same marathon in 2:18:35.
She also on the Honolulu Marathon in 2017.
Kenya’s Brigid Kosgei wins women elite race at the London Marathon in 2:18:20; Vivian Cheruiyot comes second in 2:18:20; Ethiopia’s Roza Dereje third in 2:20:51
- TRANSFER: Arsenal agree terms with world class defender Football 3 days ago
- Tottenham 4-0 Huddersfield: Lucas Moura hat-trick keeps top-four dream aliveFootball 2 months ago
- Police tracking down disgraced Asbel KipropAthletics 1 month ago
- Mourinho attacks Ajax manager after shock UCL elimination by TottenhamFootball 1 month ago
- Wenger reveals his football future plans Football 3 weeks ago
- Revealed: What Cristiano Ronaldo said to Man Utd transfer target Matthijs de LigtFootball 1 week ago
- Man Utd and Arsenal battle it out for goalkeeping sensationFootball 1 month ago