Brigid Kosgei wins London Marathon Womenâ€™s Elite Race
Kenyan marathon runner Brigid Jepscheschir Kosgei is the winner of the 39th edition of the London Marathon.
This is perhaps the 25-year-old’s biggest win of her career, crossing the finish line on a personal best of 2:18:20, ahead of Kenyan compatriot Vivian Cheruiyot, who crossed the line at 2:20:14.
21-year-old Ethiopian Roza Dereje finished third in 2:20:51.
Kosgei finished second at the Chicago Marathon in 2017 in a personal best time of 2:20:22 and a year later, won the same marathon in 2:18:35.
She also on the Honolulu Marathon in 2017.
Kenya’s Brigid Kosgei wins women elite race at the London Marathon in 2:18:20; Vivian Cheruiyot comes second in 2:18:20; Ethiopia’s Roza Dereje third in 2:20:51
- Dutch great Robben announces retirement from footballFootball 1 month ago
- Trouble in Egypt as football chief quits after shock AFCON exitFootball 1 month ago
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 1 month ago
- Neymar's dad makes shock admission over PSG superstar's return to BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- ‘New signing’ Victor Wanyama set to stay at Tottenham despite Ndombele ArrivalFootball 1 month ago
- BREAKING: PSG confirm Neymar has gone absent without leave after failing to show up for pre-seasonFootball 1 month ago