The 2019 London Marathon Route in pictures
It is less than 48 hours for the world to witness the finest sprinters across the globe battle it out in the 39th edition of the London Marathon to be staged in the United Kingdom on Sunday, April 28.
Thousands of runners across the world stretch their limbs in the marathon yearly with last year’s edition being the biggest in history with over 40,000 runners making it to the finish line.
Kenyan athletes have been triumphant in this prestigious race over the years with a total of 14 male and 10 female athletes snatching victory for Kenya in the men and women races respectively.
Game Yetu takes a look at the London marathon 42 kilometre route set to be put to the test on Sunday.
The whole course is 26.2 miles, equivalent to 42.16 kilometres.
The race will start in Blackheath and head east, through Woolwich and proceed for close to five kilometres before turning west to Greenwich, passing the Cutty Sark between the 10 and 11 kilometre marks.
The athletes will then cross the river at Tower Bridge, before meandering to the Isle of Dogs, past the Canary Wharf, where they will turn west again to the London Bridge.
After this is the home stretch From the 37-kilometre mark, runners will proceed along the Embarkment to Parliament Square, through the Birdcage Walk.
The finish line will be located exactly at the Mall in front of the Buckingham Palace.
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago