Man Utd identify David de Gea replacement - but there's a huge asking price
David de Gea could depart Manchester United this summer - and the club are looking at potential replacements
Manchester United are still keen on Jan Oblak despite the goalkeeper recently signing a new contract with Atletico Madrid.
The Slovenia international has made 204 appearances since joining from Benfica in 2014 and helped Atleti lift the Europa League trophy in 2018 as well as the UEFA Super Cup the same year.
Atletico moved to reward him with a new contract and included a new release clause that stands at a staggering £103million.
That hasn’t put United off, though, with the Premier League giants reportedly keeping tabs on his situation in Spain.
The Metro have claimed that the stopper is open to moving to the Premier League, given his association with Atletico making a switch to Spanish rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid unlikely.
United are looking to sign a new goalkeeper this summer with David de Gea facing an uncertain future at Old Trafford.
It was recently claimed that De Gea and Paul Pogba have both demanded huge pay hikes amid uncertainty over United's participation in the Champions League.
Failure to qualify for the elite European club competition would see every United player have their basic salary reduced by a whopping 25 per cent.
This was the case when they last missed out on Champions League qualification before Jose Mourinho’s arrival in 2016.
Goalkeeper De Gea, who has endured a tough time on the pitch of late, has been locked in talks over a new contract for some time now.
The Spain international is looking for an improvement on his current £200,000-a-week deal, and his representatives are agitating for a higher basic salary.
Real Madrid are once again keen on De Gea, and the Spanish giants could use this latest saga to their advantage.
- Lionel Messi’s Barcelona release clause has now expiredFootball 1 day ago
- Covid-19 deals a heavy blow to juggler MurimiSports -1 years ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 2 days ago
- Man City's Foden breaks distancing rules to play at beachFootball 1 day ago
- David Luiz eyes Arsenal stay with 'very high chance' of contract extensionFootball 2 days ago
- Real Madrid 'eye Jadon Sancho transfer in 2021' Gossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- Tottenham star Son opens up on military training experienceFootball 8 hours ago