Mohamed Salah meets Oscar winner and Game of Thrones star at Time 100 Gala in New York
He's used to wearing red, but Mohamed Salah hit the red carpet and mingled with some famous faces in New York on Tuesday night as he celebrated being named in Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Liverpool's Egyptian star was in attendance at the Lincoln Center, where he was snapped alongside stars including Oscar winner Rami Malek - who won the award this year for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody - and the British Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke.
Salah was given time off by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp for attend the bash, and will return to Merseyside in time for Liverpool's home game against Huddersfield at Anfield on Friday night.
The forward also posed alongside comedian Jimmy Fallon and US women's star Alex Morgan - who was the only other footballer honoured in the list, which also included basketball star LeBron James, athlete Caster Semenya and tennis ace Naomi Osaka.
Other guests at the bash included Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Glenn Close and Taylor Swift, who performed for the crowd.
Salah was also pictured with Daily Show stars Trevor Noah and Hasan Minhaj, but it was his picture with Malek - who is of Egyptian descent - which went down a storm on social media in his homeland.
After being named on the list last week, Salah delivered an inspirational speech in which he called for better treatment of women around the world.
"We need to change the way we treat women in our culture that has to be, it's not optional," he said.
- Football: K’Ogalo stop Lingala boys in Cecafa Kagame Cup openerFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- KPL: KCB appoints Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as head coachFootball 2 months ago