Mohamed Salah meets Oscar winner and Game of Thrones star at Time 100 Gala in New York
He's used to wearing red, but Mohamed Salah hit the red carpet and mingled with some famous faces in New York on Tuesday night as he celebrated being named in Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Liverpool's Egyptian star was in attendance at the Lincoln Center, where he was snapped alongside stars including Oscar winner Rami Malek - who won the award this year for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody - and the British Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke.
Salah was given time off by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp for attend the bash, and will return to Merseyside in time for Liverpool's home game against Huddersfield at Anfield on Friday night.
The forward also posed alongside comedian Jimmy Fallon and US women's star Alex Morgan - who was the only other footballer honoured in the list, which also included basketball star LeBron James, athlete Caster Semenya and tennis ace Naomi Osaka.
Other guests at the bash included Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Glenn Close and Taylor Swift, who performed for the crowd.
Salah was also pictured with Daily Show stars Trevor Noah and Hasan Minhaj, but it was his picture with Malek - who is of Egyptian descent - which went down a storm on social media in his homeland.
After being named on the list last week, Salah delivered an inspirational speech in which he called for better treatment of women around the world.
"We need to change the way we treat women in our culture that has to be, it's not optional," he said.
- Barcelona legend Xavi announces retirement Football 2 weeks ago
- MMUST in playoff spot as Western Bulls stumble against KisumuRugby 1 month ago
- Football: Solskjaer confident he's right man for United revival missionPremier League 1 month ago
- How Messi reacted to Ronaldo's Champions League exitFootball 1 month ago
- Why footballers wear braFootball 1 week ago
- Balotelli – Bonucci lucky I wasn’t there after comments on racial abuseFootball 1 month ago
- Haile Gebrselassie responds to Mo Farah’s theft allegationsAthletics 4 weeks ago